Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not So Chilly, Chili





So the weather here is always a little strange. One day it will be beautiful, sun shining and 70 and the next cloudy, cold and 40. Not all year round but mostly at times when the weather is trying to change but still may hold on to a bit of what ever may be left of the frozen winter or hot summer. The past few weeks have been just like that.

Many of you know my life changes dramatically from October to March or as I lovingly call it, basketball season. My husband travels a good part of every month and is not home a whole lot. We always miss him and are always glad for the time we get together as a family, since for half of the year we spend a lot of time apart. Now that basketball season for us, not all has come to an end we have more time together. One thing we LOVE to do together is cook. My kids love it, I love it and my husband LOVES it!

My husband is a whizz on the grill, the BEST I am mean the BEST chicken I have ever tasted. Excellent burgers, great steak and even veggies. I look forward to this time of the year, he does all the cooking and we do what we love, hang out together with family, friends and what we like to call grillin' and chillin'!! Some of my best memories are made . This year we are adding to our already amazing grill days non other than my husbands newest mastered culinary work CHILI!!!!

We tested it out on a not so chilly, chili day! Kyan went to the store and even did all the shopping for this particular recipe ( I use recipe lightly) he really guesstimates which confuses someone who is by the book like me. However I do appreciate his willingness to veer from normal...most of the time. He and Khloe got everything set up and we began our own Brown Chili cook off! Onions, red pepper, lot's of red pepper, cheese, hot sauce, ground meat, and more Oh MY! With not to much time, but a lot of love and attention I must say he did it again! The BEST chili I have ever tasted. Looks like this grill and chill season will also bring something hot and spicy. Kyan's not so chilly, chili!

1 comment:

  1. yes, being a coaches wife with children is definitely an adventure in itself and makes you love, love, love your family time!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...