Monday, March 22, 2010

Best Buds

This year marked the first year of school for our little sweetheart of a girl. She turned 5 over the summer and started the beginning of September. I can't say I was ready for her to be growing up so quickly. Luckily we were able to get her in a program that has school twice a week and the rest of the work in done at home. We LOVE this school. It keeps us directly connected to what goes on during her day at school and with what things she is learning because we do half of the work at home.

From probably the second week of school I began to hear one name a lot. The name of a friend she made and adored. They ate lunch together, played racing games, he even got Khloe to play football a couple times. She started coming home telling me stories about him. " He can eat a whole box of raisins in 1 minute, he is so strong just like daddy, he tells funny stories and falls out of his chair, he calls the trashcan a dumpster," and the latest," he can pull a chocolate coin from behind my ear."
Everything she said was about her sweet little friend. It was strange to me that her dearest friend in school was a boy. If you know Khloe she is a girly girl. Her favorite color is PINK, her favorite thing to do is play animals mostly kitties, she wears skirts every chance she gets and would wear her "heels" everyday for every activity if I let her. She loves wearing jewelry and always carry's a purse. This particular boy is one of four boys in his family, is very boyish. Likes football, wrestling, Star Wars and legos, but for some reason this girly girl and boys boy hit is off. They both have made other friends through out the year but to this day they are still great pals! Here is a picture of the 2 of them taken at a fancy school party, March, 2010.


1 comment:

  1. so cute! wow, i am beyond impressed by this school, what is the name of it? what a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...