Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm a Daddy's girl







Around the age of 2 and a half I started to notice the difference between my relationship with my daughter and the relationship she has with her Daddy. It was about the time my son was born so naturally my husband and I divided responsibilities to make sure both children were being cared for. There are a lot of changes that happen going from 1 to 2 children or as my husband calls it going from double team to man to man.

I think it is a natural relationship change at least it felt like it in our family. I started noticing that she noticed when he wasn't home which in a Coaches family is a lot. She started to demand a kiss and hug every time he left, a tradition that still holds. She would even wait in the window and wave for a honk of the horn as he pulled away. She started wanting to talk on the phone to her Daddy and this is also when he started taking her on dates. She started sleeping on his side of the bed when he wasn't home and occasionally crying about needing her Daddy. She is and was his Angel.

He takes her to the work at the gym to practice shooting, check classes and get a Starbucks chocolate milk on the way. They go to the movie store and pick out new movies, they hit golf balls and then go walk around and collect them. They frequent the dog park and look up all the breeds they see. Khloe LOVES dogs. Sometime it's just snuggling or laying on her Daddy's lap getting her back scratched. This little girl LOVES her Daddy and her Daddy is beyond smitten with her. It is a special relationship, one of a kind, one I will never have with her and it's ok. I LOVE this relationship. I love seeing it develop and grow and can hardly wait to see how it grows in the future.

Here is a letter she wrote to him when he was gone the last time. There were a few letters she tried to erase but couldn't so just skip over them on the page. She spelled in her own letter Mome I am a Daddes grl. Or translated Mommy I am a Daddy's girl. It melted me...

3 comments:

  1. i love this post! so sweet and special for your little Khloe girl to be a daddy's girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! i have two daddy's girls and there is nothing better. it is funny to watch dave coaching while holding his two girls, so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...