Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My children speak and He hears them


Last night I woke up to Khloe screaming Momma I had a nightmare, Momma I had a nightmare!! I walked in and said honey it's ok Mommy's here what's wrong, what did you dream about? Before I could get another word out. Caleb from the bottom bunk said, "You will not walk in darkness, but in the spirit of light forever." Melt my half awake heart!

This means so much bc I am teaching them this week John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." He remembered this. I know because I taught him.

I took all three amigos in the laundry room and turned out the lights it's our darkest room. I had a flashlight and I started to read the verse. A life without Jesus is like walking around in the dark, lost and alone, blind then flicked the flashlight on but a life with Jesus the Bible say's is full of light and will never be dark. Because we have Jesus we have and are a light where ever we go. This little lesson stuck with him as I suspected it might. Today I was proud of my son, for speaking the word, proud of my daughter for receiving it and proud of myself for teaching it. It is one thing to memorize which they do well it is another thing to apply out of free will the things you are learning.

#proudparentmoment


1 comment:

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...