Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I can, I will, watch me...

I do not consider myself to be a competitive person by nature. I did not grow up playing sports and that is probably why I think this about myself...HOWEVER competition I have found comes in many forms only one form being athletic.

For me I am more of a self competitive person or if someone or something tells me I can't or I shouldn't or I couldn't it makes me all the more want to prove that I CAN! Not to them necessarily but to ME, my biggest competition...Me, my biggest critic. The ability to overcome my mind's doubt and put to silence the thoughts of I can't, shouldn't or couldn't to me is my greatest fete!

We can not always control the thoughts that fly in and out or of our minds and imaginations. The what if we try and fail's, the what if I do and they don't like its, the what if I trys and I cants. We CAN control however what we decide to cling to the thoughts we choose to hold on to, to dwell on. ( 2 Corinthians 10:5 we take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.) The words we speak that will motivate us, uplift us and in the end wether by mans standards pass or fail lead us to a place of peace that we can live with knowing we gave it our all and have no regret.

I LOVE what my father taught me, that WE tell our bodies what to do, it does not tell us. (I beat my body and make it my slave. 1 Corinthians 9:27) Not physically beat but in a challenge my flesh will not beat my spirits will. That to me is self competition. Flesh vs. spirit, doubt/worry vs. hope, fear vs. faith. My flesh, doubt, worry and fear will not determine what I do in this life. My spirit, hope and faith will!

Men may doubt me, I may doubt me but I am a child of God, He knows me by name, the number of hairs on my head, He cares for me and everything concerning me. He loves me unconditionally, He moves mountains for me, He calms a stormy sea and makes way where there is no way. He believes I can, so I will. Watch me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...