Tuesday, October 11, 2011

8 years married,12 together, many more to come



Today Oct 11, 2011 I have been married to my sweetheart my Knight in Nikes for 8 years. We are celebrating by appetizers in and a movie. A typical night for us but celebrating our favorite way at home together!

I am a sucker for sentimental things something my husband appreciates but defiantly not his forte! I always like to go for a gift from the heart especially on occasions like anniversaries. This year my sister and I brainstormed and came up with an idea of an adventure map.

Moving has been a theme in our marriage from the beginning. We have lived together in 6 different houses in our 8 year marriage. I have a picture of every one of these houses yes everyone I told you I am sentimental!! I thought about doing something with these pictures but I got busted by Kyan on the computer organizing them so I had to come up with something else. I will OF COURSE use the house pictures another time!

Anyway the adventure map is a US map of where we came from and where we're going! I bought a paper map and with a different colored thread representing each person in our family I traced their line.

Kyan AK to AR to OK to AR to MO to OK
Suzanne OH to PA to OK to AR to MO to OK
Khloe AR to MO to OK
Caleb MO to OK
and Pia well her thread is yet to be determined :)

When or if we move threads will be added when kids go to college their thread will move, when the get married it may move again it is our adventure map! let's see where this life leads or has us stay! I'm in. Hand in hand we will go where we will stop no man knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...