Monday, May 3, 2010

Something old, something new




Anyone that knows me well knows I LOVE old things. I love old houses, lamps, furniture, books, art, trinkets, toys, jewelry... anything really. In old houses I LOVE the awkward size rooms, wood floors, plaster walls and can even appreciate the smaller closet's when we didn't need 20 pairs of jeans. The way floors and doors creak, the way the windows always stick. I don't mind any of it, I prefer it really. Why, I am not sure. Part of it I know is imagining all the things that those houses have seen. All the people that lived there all the memories that were made. The laughing, the crying and everything in between.

When getting the room ready for my new baby girl, I couldn't help but want a bunch of somethings old for my something new. I hit up a local flea market and was able to find a few trinkets and then a beautiful vintage nursery lamp for her changing table. Every time I look at that lamp I can't help but think of the first Mommy who bought it for her nursery. I wonder how many people had this lamp in their babies rom before it ended up in my house for my baby. I LOVE this lamp!

Here are a few pictures of my somethings old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...