Thursday, May 20, 2010

Storms may come and they may go







I woke up last week to my daughter busting through my bedroom door screaming," We had a TORNADO!!!" I had heard the sirens when I was up in the early morning hours feeding my other baby girl. My husband turned on the TV and just a storm warning so back to bed we went...until our other alarm, Khloe came with her news. I said no no honey it was just a storm and she insisted it wasn't. Look she said our garbage is all over the yard, trees are down and it's a mess out there. Sure enough I looked out her window towards our front yard and she was right...not the tornado of course but it did look like a bomb went off in our front yard, 60 mph winds will do that!

Last night my husband happened to be out of town, of course (refer to first blog) and I was planning on having a nice quiet relaxing evening with my sewing machine when the sirens came on again. This time when I turned the TV on tornado warnings and the color RED all over the area where I conveniently live. Rain and hail started, cloud to ground lightening was being spotted and a funnel, can someone tell me if a funnel is the same thing as a tornado?! Anyway that was enough for this northern girl to gather up her kids and get in the closet! Caleb was in charge of the flashlight, Sophie was in her bassinet and Khloe well she's like her Daddy she slept through the whole thing!

I sat texting everyone I know, thats the thing with me...I clean when I'm angry...I exercise when I'm frustrated and I TEXT when I am nervous. Like a mad woman!!! I must have texted 15 different people in that closet! It was enough of a distraction to get me through the storm though so the cramps in my fingers today were worth it. We made it through the storm alive and well!
Here are some pictures of the first storm clean up. Look at my Knight in Nikes hulling those branches gotta LOVE the big guy, and my sweet babies helping our neighbor clean up her yard...all while I was taking these pictures :) I did put the camera down to help but only after the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. i had no idea you all had that much damage at your house. glad everyone is safe and that you made it through the tornado sirens. i am an oklahoma lifer and i have to admit, that one had me a little rattled.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...