Thursday, January 31, 2013

Recruiting Trail


Khloe 8 years old Cowley Junior College recruiting with Daddy 

An advantage of home schooling when your a coaches kid, is being able to sleep in after you've been on the road recruiting with your Dad until 11pm!  She hit the trail last night with Daddy at 4:30pm, hit up Quick Trip for a bag of Doritos and a Kit-Kat (wouldn't have been my choice, but I wasn't invited), and hit the road.  It was an hour and 40 min drive to Kansas-cross another state off the list.  They watched a two hour Junior college basketball game.  Met the kids her Daddy is recruiting, jumped in the car and headed home.

Nothing exciting to most, but to an 8 year old girl that has to share just about everything all the time, having one-on-one alone time with Daddy doing anything, is just about the coolest thing she could be doing.  I know my husband has waited until the day she was old enough to take along without having to stop for potty breaks, melt downs and behavior checks.  The day has come for him!  The day will also most likely come when he asks her to go and she already has plans with friends, or the idea of sitting in a car with Dad for four hours isn't quite as appealing as today.  However, today and right now this is the story.  She jumps right in... SHOTGUN, and can't wait to hit the trail with Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...