Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sunshine & Gloves




The day I snapped this picture me plus three had gone shopping for new hats, gloves and some cold weather extras for our trip to Alaska for Thanksgiving!  As my kids tend to do when they get anything new they want to wear or use it RiGHT away!  In the mid-west where we reside, the north-wind doesn't begin to howl until after Thanksgiving, sometimes even holding off until mid December.  The amigos, however could not wait, and took to the trampoline with their new digs to jump, bounce and fly! Notice they aren't wearing coats, but they ARE wearing gloves and mittens :)  

The sun was shining just perfectly over our fence, and over the tops of their sandy blonde heads.  I heard the squeals of excitement, and I cringed to think that they may "ruin" the "clubs" (as Pia calls them) before we even got to go on the BIG ADVENTURE north, by digging in the dirt, using their teeth to bite and take them off, or rip a whole by climbing the tree or the fence.  Something then suddenly came over me like it normally does when I have a MOM MOMENT...let them be little...

Let them wear their "clubs" when it's 75 degrees, let them get dirty that's what the wash is for.  Tell them not to use their teeth to take them off. Be a guide, but don't be a party pooper. Soak in the sun with them.  Take a couple jumps on the trampoline. Smile. Tell them that you hope they LOVE their new "clubs", and always, always take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...