Monday, July 5, 2010

Better imagined than done


A real smile
The buffet of toppings
The swirling tube of ice cream
Mama putting in peanut butter instead of vanilla
The ideas in my head are not always better than what actually manifests but in some cases as in a family date to Peachwave I can let my imagination and hope get the best of me. My husband suggested a new hot spot for frozen ice cream. Naturally the kids and I were very excited. We ate dinner got loaded in the car and off we went to PEACHWAVE! My favorite ice cream shops are still the old fashion ones. Line up tell them what flavor, cone or dish and hand over your dollar...the good ol' days! Not so any more.
Walking in you no longer see a freezer full of flavors with a Dapper Dan behind the counter ready to scoop up your treat. There are now machine mounted on a wall with a lever that when pushed down squeezes out a perfectly swirled tube for lack of a better word swirling tower of frozen ice cream or yogurt whats the difference?!
On the other side is a buffet of toppings, it used to just be carmel, fudge and nuts, whip cream and cherries if you were lucky. Now it is literally the kitchen sink. I had thoughts of me and my family unloading pleasantly from the car, waltzing into the ice cream parlor handing over our quarters, sitting together at a picnic table and neatly eating our ice cream, laughing and enjoying an evening together to much to ask I think so.
What I got instead was as follows. We unloaded the car I couldn't get the carseat into the stroller, broke a sweat in this heat trying to cram it in, woke up the baby in the process. Other kids and hubby dying in the heat, baby crying. Oh and blocking the entrance in and out of the store. Walk in to find people every where no one quite sure what to do. Grab a dish still not sure what to do. Demanding my husband take pictures so we can remember our wonderful night together. Didn't read the signs put in peanut butter instead of vanilla...it was the same color who knew?! Took both kids over to the buffet of toppings, still sweating, more now because I have two indecisive children holding up the line attempting to sample toppings. Yelling at husband take pictures, smile kids act like you are having fun! get to the end after scrambling to self serve. Put the dish, no cones on a SCALE...WHAT to be weighed in and priced! Holy smokes I felt like a ran a marathon or was weighing in for fight night. I didn't need ice cream I needed a drink! Then the grand total 3 dishes of frozen yogurt, random toppings and a headache for 20$!
Ok, ok I am making it sound a little worse than it was. There really were moments of real smiles and laughing. I have PICTURES to prove it, HA! Though my ideas of grandeur didn't turn out the way I had imagined in the end we were all smiling with our sweet tooth filled! You ask, would I go back to Peachwave ABSOLUTELY!! Sure why not?!

1 comment:

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...