Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Khloe turns 6!!!!

beautiful baby from the outside in
Our baby girl
Khloe and Daddy the day she was born
Happy 6th Birthday our darling girl!!
Khloe at 6 SAME pj's maybe they will be a tradition, Thanks Mimi!
Khloe at 5, notice the pj's again
Khloe at 4 notice the pj's thanks Mimi
My princess
The smile that melts all hearts
baby girl
You know by now I am BIG on tradition. I think it's because it helps me remember. How do you learn and remember...by doing things over and over, that's tradition to me. Doing things the same over and over so you can remember.
I got the idea from a friend when Khloe was 4. She gave her son a cupcake for breakfast every morning of his birthday. I of course took this one step more and started taking pictures every birthday with their cupcake. Never to late to start I began doing this when Khloe was 4. My husband and I even include our selves in this new found tradition, even though he also gets eggs benny in bed because that is his favorite breakfast(also a tradition). He says mine taste just like Aunt Jane's...maybe better ;) he can be a bit of a suck up, but that's beside the point and yes it works!
Tradition is so important to me because it helps me remember, gives us all something to look forward to, a constant, a little something predictable in an unpredictable world. I hope my kids and husband look back at the little things that make up our traditions, take a few like I did from my family and here and there and build on them and make them their own. The memories of these traditions will stick with them and maybe even in some ways mold them, not to be ruled by them but guided. I know its working because my daughter and son have already told me today's my birthday I get the special plate. Mommy did you get my breakfast cupcake, I am picking what we do and where we eat. These may sound like small inconspicuous things but believe me they remember and hopefully always will with a smile and a fuzzy feeling inside! Cheers for Tradition!

Some of our birthday traditions from here and there

birthday cupcake- Amy Long
special plate, a plate you eat off of only when its YOUR birthday- Devlin family
eggs benny for Daddy-Jane Monrean Christmas breakfast
birthday prayer-Mable Monrean
getting to plan the day from what you do to what you eat-Devlin and Brown families



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...