Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My next 30 Years


June 26th I turned 30! Looking in the mirror I see someone a little bit older. A few more freckles spread across my cheeks, a few more lines around my eyes, mouth and forehead. I look a little more tired my hair more disheveled. There are things that have physically changed me. To much time in the sun without sunscreen, stretch marks from carrying my babies. Realizing my physical self will never be what it was in my youth. 30 seemed so old in those days so far away. Some people I can see how these changes could sadden them. Make them want to go back in time. Though I look in the mirror and see imperfections and time lines that can not be taken back, I couldn't be more happy about this birthday.

My life is in a beautiful place. I have a great husband who is also my best friend, he has given me 3 beautiful healthy children. I know my God more than ever and am blessed by Him daily. We live in a beautiful home with everything and more than we need. I have so much to be thankful for and happy about. Though just like my body my life has imperfections, things I need to work on and work out. Things I need to change and others I just learn to live with. My body and my life are ever changing ever evolving. It can not stay the same nor do I wish that.

I want my next 30 years to be a life full of more thankfulness, a better attitude towards change, a closer relationship with God, my husband and children. I want to see my children grow up to be young women and men of God. Caring , loving disciples. I want my husband and I to grow old together, laugh and love harder. I want to embrace physical change and appreciate imperfections. I want a life more full of God and His promises. I am learning to cherish everyday and look forward to my next 30 years!

1 comment:

  1. that is beautiful, Suzanne! So well put. You are a wonderful person with a great attitude and an obvious love for God! God bless your next 30!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...