Monday, June 28, 2010

Grow old with me the best is yet to be




I had this idea a while ago when my husband said he would like to track our kids growth on a door. A door in the house is out bc we move to much, never in one spot. I keep record in their baby books but there is something about having a visual comparison. I remember the door to the basement in my Grandparents house. It had ALL my aunts and uncle, cousins etc... it was an awesome door, but they lived in the same house for over 50 years. This is when I came up with his father's day present...a DOOR! A door we could move from place to place. Tall enough that we could track growth hopefully into high school.

I am of course a sucker for distressed wood. Imperfections in things that I adore. So I was on the hunt for the perfect "old" door. A local flea market in town I have been hunting at had the perfect one! 22$, not to heavy, tall, chipping paint and everything! I LOVED it from the moment I saw it!! It was going to be our family door. One we could move from place to place and still keep track. I happened to find it the day before Father's Day this year. The women I bought it form said she put it out 5 min. before I got there, can you say meant to be?!

Here are a few pictures of our grow with me door, the best is yet to be!



1 comment:

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...