Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sophie's 1st bath








So all of the firsts are so important. We can't wait for them to happen. We take pictures of how proud we were to remember how we felt forever, and when they are over and no longer firsts we look forward to whatever comes next. I read a book after my first daughter was born. It put a new perspective on everything for me.
It is a simple children's story with an overlooked plot. One we usually don't think of until it is to late. It is the lasts. "Let me hold you longer" is a children's story about the last time a child does something. Cherishing the moments because we know everything is just a stage or stepping stone leading to whatever comes next. It gave me a totally different way to look at what my children do and life in general.
As a Mom I find certain parts of being a Mother frustrating or monotonous at times. Bed time for instance. By the time the day is over I am just ready for pj's, teeth brushing, stories and night night. I dread this time of day because it is normally when everything goes wrong, you know I need a drink, I miss daddy, one more kiss one more hug one more story. Turn the light off, turn the nightlight on, fan please wait fan to fast, I forgot to go potty, the list goes on and on but this won't.
There will be a time when they put themselves to bed. When a kiss and hug are no longer mandatory and stories are no longer needed. So when I feel frustrated or like the list never ends I stop and try to cherish these moments all my first and lasts.
Here are some pictures of Sophie's "last" first bath.

1 comment:

  1. great post, i definitely needed to read it as the daddy in our house had a very long day, making the mommy day at home extra long too :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...