Sunday, April 11, 2010

A little help from my sis

So when I was still pregnant with Sophie I was talking to Khloe about certain changes that would be happening due to having a baby. I talked about patience and waiting, helping with keeping the house clean, how Mommy was going to have to change diapers and feed a baby. That babies need their Mommies a lot in the first couple of months, and her help would be needed.

For a 5 year old she LOVES responsibility. She loves to help set the table for family dinners. She cleans her own room and makes her own bed. She helps me dust and wipe kitchen counters, she is a little helper. I know it will not last forever, her love of it that is, she will always have to help, but right now she takes pride in being a "Little Mama."

After our pre baby talk Khloe told me, I will help get Caleb dressed, while you change and feed baby Sophie. Even though Caleb can get himself dressed, I thought that was so sweet that she would care for her brother while I was caring for her new baby sister. I talk to her and her brother a lot about being "your brothers keeper," taking care of each other and loving each other. It was great to see a little bit of that shine through. Here is Khloe keeping up her end of the bargain and helping her brother get dressed...I LOVE these kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...