Monday, February 11, 2013

Strong Roots and Strong Wings


This little 8 year old is a hustler!  As her mother I have been searching with her to find her "thing".  We have tried cheer, basketball, tap, ballet, soccer and a few other things.  Because she is a good girl she did all of these activities with a good, positive attitude but nothing really stuck or felt like her thing, until TENNIS!  She will be a tall girl!  With a Daddy that is 6' 9" and a Momma that is 5' 10" that is her destiny.  She is also left handed which in someways according to the sports world, especially the tennis world is a born advantage.  I LOVE watching my children do anything, but I especially LOVE watching them do the things they enjoy doing.  I LOVE to hear her ask in the morning, "Do I get to play tennis today?" with a smile on her face and a hope in her voice!  I love to watch her shoulders slump in disappointment when I tell her on the court it's time to go.  It is my absolute pleasure to take her to lessons and practice with her as much as possible.  I can't wait to see my other two amigos find their thing, and help them along the same way!  

My promise to each of them is to do my BEST to give them each strong roots and strong wings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...