Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snakes, snails and POOPOO tales...



What is it about little boys and POOP? My son Caleb was potty trained at a very early age and I think tracing back that is where his obsession with poopoo began. Maybe it is because that was the first time he was ever made aware of it?! When ever it began is not the point, the point is now, does it ever go away? I would say Caleb talks about poopoo at least 10 times a day. He adds the word to songs, when counting or saying his ABC's he adds poopoo to the mix usually some where between 7 and 10 or E and F (picture #2 above Caleb singing about poopoo). He calls me into the bathroom to look at his poopoo and when he smells anything bad or good it is always poopoo!! If someone talks about it he always laughs. In fact saying the word is actually how I get him to smile in pictures. I just don't understand how it seems like this love of poopoo was genetically predisposed because he has an XY instead of an XX chromosome. I must admit whatever the reason I do find it a little bit funny. Not when he talks about it in front of my husbands boss, his Sunday school teacher or random strangers we meet in line at the store, but when its him and I. Maybe I don't mind it because I love to see him smile whatever the reason. I love to hear his laugh and see the way his eyes squint, his nose wrinkle and his mouth open wide filled with a hilarious little giggle. I guess if it takes talking about poopoo to have those moments shared with my son I don't care what we are talking about, because to me a childs laughter is the sweetest sound in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl...I think I've become oblivious to the poo talk, this is the only way I deal with it in this testosterone-producing house of mine. :)
    So funny though, loving that he incorporates it into his ABC's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny!! And yes, almost anything goes when it comes to laugh-time!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...