Saturday, January 7, 2012

Raising a country girl in the city

My seven in a half year old daughter says the sweetest things. Lately I have realized that my little city girl has gone quite country. She has always loved being outside, animals, horses, outdoor smells, picnics etc, but lately she is noticing things I never thought of.

We lived in a house nearly two years ago that was not in the country but it looked like it. The front door led to a big open field, we had neighbors in back and beside but to walk out the front door with tunnel vision you would think we were the only house for miles. The driveway was big and no one came down the street unless they were one of the other three houses on the block.

Khloe's bedroom window faced the same way so from her point of view we were all alone in a big house in a big field. We then moved back into a neighborhood where houses are several feet apart and her bedroom field view now is our neighbors gate. I never thought of this until SHE brought it up.

We were driving in the car and she mentioned our old house. She knows I affinity for all the places we have lived so we talk about our old houses a lot. She said I loved that house. When I got up in the mornings the sun was shining right through my window I would look out and see the big tree and field. I just loved it she said. Now in my new room the sun doesn't shine in and when I open the window all I see is a broken down gate and a wall. How sad is this?!

Then going to visit my parents her first thought to tell a friend about her Mimi and PopPop's house was we get to go for hikes in the woods and guess what, they have no fence in their yard you can just GO where EVER you WANT! It's true! There house is less than a mile from state forrest and their yard as no fence just trees planted making the property line even more of an adventure.

These simple pleasure's are things I NEVER think about it. It is sad really every house we have lived in is barred with a fence, freedom to explore is limited to the chain link. Young and wild at heart, my three little kids have been stuck. This year no more! I can't change our neighborhood but this year is our year for adventure! To go beyond our fence and neighborhood and explore our world!

Other cute things my girl has said.

*I was just watching the clouds roll by, you know how PopPop does!
*I am sorry Mama I was just listening to the birds sing their beautiful song.
*I like that smell, it smells like the horse barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...