Monday, June 13, 2011

Goals of Summer

Caleb is such a sweet boy. I really can't tell you how sweet but for the people that know him you know what I'm talking about. He is kind hearted, sensitive, caring, touchy/lovey, brave, funny, friendly and so much more. My husband says I baby him a little, I probably do! This summer however will be the summer he grows from a toddler into a young boy. I see it happening already.

He talks more, expresses himself more. He tries new things and is beginning to leave behind old things ( his blankie the dede has been absent for about a month now) he is taller and actually putting on weight these days. I think he finally realized food is in fact good!

My husband said at the beginning of summer Caleb has to learn how to do three things:
#1 Ride a bike without training wheels
#2 Swim
#3 Go through the night without a pull up ( this I'm not sure about)

So far several weeks into our summer he has 1.5 of these met! He mastered a 2 wheeler with no problem, and is swimming very well, the bed well like I said that will be the tough one! I have to tell this story about the bike though. Caleb was afraid to try the bike without TW. He cried the first couple times and didn't want to ride. Then one morning before work Daddy said, "How bout we try your bike again." This time he said a very enthusiastic YES! I thought wow ok.

He proceeded to tell us he had a dream the night before that he was riding his bike without training wheels. In his dream he was awesome at bike riding. He said." Mom I was shredding that bike, I think today I can do it." Sure enough he was right! He started doing much better and the fear was gone!

He now stops, starts and can ride a bike all by himself. It is amazing what dreams can do! Let's hope he has a dream he gets up and goes potty in the middle of the night!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. that's such an awesome and sweet story that made me smile. that caleb is a GREAT kid! and I love the summer goal setting too. we have our kids set goals every summer, three apiece. it is great to have something to strive for in the lazy dazy summer months. One of Ellie's goals is to beat her Papa in chess. I'm not so sure about that one either. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...