Friday, July 1, 2011

Spring trip to PA 2011

Caleb laying in the field, "Life is GREAT!"
Khloe with her new hobby the LOOM, thanks Mimi ;)
Caleb and Popop shredding bikes
LOVE
Great Momom watching the Sound of Music with K&C
Sweet Pia
Popop and Pia
The Bax
Caleb jumping from the back deck, no ones favorite...
They loved Baxsters dog cage
Let's never forget the 4:30 am flight, ok it didn't leave until 6 :) We all get up early it's in our blood!!!


Do you remember going to your Grandparents house when you were a kid? I do, I very much do! I was one of the lucky ones that had 2 great sets of Grandparents. When visiting my grandma and Grandpa my Mom's parents, I remember my Grandpa giving me a piece of gum every time I saw him. I remember his car smelled like mint and tobacco. In the summer he rode a riding lawn mower with no shirt. He was very tan and had a scar down the middle of his chest from surgery. I loved him and he loved me. My Grandma always had play-dough at her kitchen table, markers and doilies to color. In her room there was a water bed and a dresser full of jewelry and a rack full of purses. She had saved my mothers old shoes and clothes so I could always play dress up in some awesome 70's clothes!

At my Momom and Popop's house my dad's parents I remember my Popop every time I saw him tell me how beautiful I was with a kiss on the forehead...EVERY.TIME. He sat in a chair in the kitchen at the end of the table closest to a huge fire place that was always burning. (side note: my parents now have this table and chairs in their house and my dad sits in the chair at the end, I heart this) There house had a wonderful smell always the same like being outside when your inside, food from the kitchen and fire and I don't know what else but if I could bottle it up I would! I remember the way he called for my Momom, RUUUUTTHHH!!! :) My Momom was always outside with us. They had a tennis court in their backyard so we would play tennis, ride bikes, play house.

When we were at her house it was normally for a holiday and she was cooking. Her pressure cooker made this ch ch ch ch ch ch chhh noise I will never forget at Christmas and Thanksgiving I still miss it. We would all sit around the big table and listen to my Popop um and ah about how wonderful my Momom's food was and it was! Everyone would tell stories of what is was like growing up with 6 kids in 7 years! We would laugh and laugh, the more I heard the stories the more I felt apart of them and the more I laugh! I love those stories!!
Well we try to get back to PA to visit my parents once or twice a year! I love that my kids can't wait! They love Memorial Park riding their bikes, Baxster their dog, the Creamery for ice cream. Drinking milk from glass bottles and lucky charms every morning. They say Mimi has cake at her house for no reason, it's not even anyone's birthday! The toys on the middle stair landing. The fact that she pulls a new toy out from under her bed every time we come. They love regular hikes and snow hikes with Popop! Drives through Bear meadows to look for deer and bear, both of which we have seen. Popop even let's them take the wheel or ride in the back of his truck, how awesome!! Going to his office and seeing him wear the funny glasses and pick a toy form the treasure chest! I LOVE all of these memories and I love talking about them. I have to or I will forget. I have to take pictures so I have images to go with stories.
Silly, scatters images will represent our past I keep on taking pictures never quite sure of the last's. -Karen Kingsbury
Here are a few silly scattered images of our latest PA trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...