Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wow Mommy that is AW. Some

Our driveway
a look down our street
My Knight in Nikes digging us out
We knew a storm was coming through the night but we had no idea what we would wake up to the next morning. This morning we looked out the window to see TONS I mean TONS of snow! We were so unprepared with gear. I had gone to the store and gotten food etc... but we have no sleds no snow pants etc... I did my best with what we have because the kids wanted to go on a snow hike. They started this last Christmas when we were in PA visiting my parents.

My father LOVES to hike and he loves to take the kids when we come. Normally it is spring, summer fall but we did manage to head back last year for Christmas. He took them on their normal spring hike but this time it was covered in snow thus the snow hike. Living in OK we rarely get snow and we NEVER get it like this!

Anyway I got out all the gear I could to pile on them and off we went into the winter wonderland. Caleb buried waist deep in snow soon realized this pretty white fluffy stuff was a lot cooler when it wasn't down his boots covering his legs and falling to the point he couldn't see. We made it to the end of our driveway not kidding probably 15ft before everyone was following me back inside I was going to get the camera they were coming back in!

So the snow hike was very short to the end of the driveway and back 30ft tops! Oh well Daddy made chili we ordered Secretariat on paper view and had a wonderful day trapped inside enjoying the snow through the windows.

Oh the title for this blog is what Caleb said to me when he was up extra early this morning at a little before 7. We got to open the front door and check out the snow before all the other sleepy heads and he said WOW MOmmy that is AW. SOME so cute love that little dude!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...