Saturday, February 5, 2011

When you're handed snow make snowmen or ice cream

snow ice cream
even Pia liked it
Big grins
she ate the whole thing
NO yellow snow
getting the snow
the gear


The mid west just got dumped on! I don't even know how much snow we actually got but it is amazing. I think it broke the record for our state. I grew up with snow cold weather and winter 7 months out of the year. I now live far from home and we are lucky to get a couple inches a year.

This week though has been amazing. I look out my windows and I would swear I was anywhere but here. The streets are covered in snow. I haven't bee able to get my car out the driveway for 5days or more.

It is fun though knowing this will probably be once in a lifetime. A friend told me about a fun snow activity I had never heard of. Making ice cream out of snow. My children are young and they love the snow but I was so unprepared. All we have are rain boots, only one of children has a "real" coat and our gloves are fleece for warmth not waterproof for snow. So this was the perfect activity for us.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...