Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Silly, scattered images...

Tonight reading to my children before bed I "REALIZED SOMETHING" ( a quote from Khloe's favorite book knuffle bunny) Why I take SO many pictures. Yes it is mostly to remember every little moment I can and always have an image to jog my memory, but there is more.

My kids think it is funny to pick the book by Karen Kingsbury, "Let me hold you Longer," before bed. Why, because I CRY every time I read it...YES...every time!! Someone gave it to me as a shower gift when I had Caleb and it changed my life. Seriously a children's book changed my life, if you let them they always will!! Filled with so many life lessons, so much imagination and storytelling, pictures, pictures and more pictures [Side note I remember pictures in books my parents read to me more than the story read, like I said I am a visual person.] amazing... I digress... sorry I heart children's books! If you don't, check your pulse you may be DEAD!

As so many people have told me, "You won't know until you have children of your own." If I had a dime for every time someone told me that, UGH, I'd be rich with tons of babies ;) Really though as much as I HATE to admit it every single one of them was right! My kids think the book is funny because I cry they laugh because they couldn't possibly know, they don't have children. They DON'T get it!

Anyway I agreed to read it despite the fact that my voice begins to quiver on the first page. It's a good kind of sad. I want to read it to remind myself to stop and treasure EVERY single MOMENT of this precious life. Midway threw the book a few short rhyming sentences stopped me in my tracks. I have read this book hundreds of times and never heard this part until tonight.

Silly, scattered images
will represent your past.
I keep on taking pictures
never quite sure of your lasts...

This is WHY I take SO many pictures. I don't want to miss a blink! I want to always remember I want to always treasure, I want to explode with emotion when I look back at my life and the little lives that trail behind me. I have to do this, if I don't I will forever regret it. It's not rocket science it's taking pictures of life as you live it! If you are better at writing write life as you live it but please don't let time pass without catching your moments somehow. This really is your only go at it. Treasure this time, hold it tight and find away to keep it.

more quotes from "Let me hold you longer"

"Long ago you cam to me, a miracle of firsts: First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst. But one day you will move away and leave me to your past, And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts..."
"I never said good-bye to all your yesterdays long passed. So what about tomorrow- will I recognize your last."
"I look ahead and dream of days that haven't come to pass. But as I do, I sometimes miss today's sweet precious lasts."
"I'll watch you leave and think how fast our time together passed, let me hold on longer to every precious last."

GET THE BOOK, read it and let it change you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...