Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Man vs. Food

Victory for MAN
The crowd went wild
pouring the syrup on the giant pancake
let the challenge begin
I don't know if anyone has seen the crazy show Man vs. Food? I am not even sure what channel it is on, but my husband LOVES the show. I think mostly for the funny, energetic host that in some ways actually resembles my husband. Not looks just general attitude and sense of humor. Plus it is a show ALL about food in different places. I must admit the unusual charm of the host keeps my attention too, but when it comes to the Man vs Food Challenge I am usually disgusted at the gluttony! It always involves an eating competition of large amounts of food. Sometimes a GIANT burger, or a humongous taco. Well on vacation with my entire immediate family my husband some how got sucked into a Man vs. Food challenge.

Everyone was up eating breakfast my Dad was fixing his famous blueberry pancakes. All of the kids and adults were eating while my husband (always the last one out of bed, I come from a LONG line of early risers) slept. My Father had made an extra batch of batter and asked if my husband would want any. I said sure when he gets up.

In the mean time my Dad got a great idea to take ALL the left over batter and make a GIANT blueberry pancake for my husband, who is also a giant size guy (6'9", 2ooblahblahblah ;) pounds) When he awoke he found his giant size breakfast awaiting him, with kids surrounding cheering eat it, eat it, eat it, he took the first of many bites! The pancake took up the entire dinner plate, with hot maple syrup the challenge began. One bite at a time the Man vs. Food challenge ended in a victory for Man...he ate the WHOLE thing! The kids I must admit along with my husband had a great time and to my surprise my husband still managed to go on his daily run on the boardwalk! GO MAN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...