Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sophie's Dedication





All of my children were dedicated shortly after birth. It is basically a commitment from the parent to raise your child to the best of your ability, committing them back to God and acknowledging that you will raise them in a home with Christian beliefs and principles, so that when of age, they on their own free will, will accept Jesus as their savior.

My other two were done in church, but for Sophie my husband and I decided at the beach with my whole family would be the perfect time. I had asked my father before the trip if he would pray over us and our new baby girl to dedicate her. It was beautiful! Right at dusk with the sand in our feet, the ocean breeze, we stood in front of one of God's most amazing creations the wide vast endless ocean horizon. My father with my 2 sisters, cousins, husbands, grandparents, three generations stood in the sand and dedicated our baby girl. It was perfect. My father laid hands on all of us prayed for our children and for us.

Standing there for a moment with my family, those most dear to me and looking out at God's creation, holding my new daughter and looking at my other two children. I must say I had a moment. A moment when looking out at the ocean realizing how wide, how deep, how endless is our Fathers love for us. Amazing His mercy and grace are in my life, thank you God, thank you for your many blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have said it better! Love you and sweet Pia and can't wait to see all that God has in store for her:)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...