Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Doll Gets Glasses

It all started with the words, "If I can't see the word on the board Mama, I just shut this eye."
Whaaaa??? Let me first start by saying the only person in my family to wear glasses in my mother.  My father not only until he got older my sisters neither one.  My husband no!  So for my daughter at 8 to be saying things like I can't see that or if I can't I close this eye, who does that?  Oh someone who can't see!  Poor thing!  I just assumed because my husband and I have great vision my children would.  I also assumed however because we are both right handed our children would be that too and we have for sure one lefty and possible another one!

Anyway all that lead to two eye exams and a visit to Empire Optical for new specs for Khloe.  She was anything but excited.  She actually cried...several times!  She wore them out of the shop and took them off as soon as we got in the car.  Anytime we were going to see friends she asked to not wear them.  If someone saw her she immediately took them off.  Daddy got home from work and saw her sans glasses and said somewhat harshly, "Put your glasses on." Those four words sent her sobbing for an hour.  She finally confessed she just wanted her eyes to be normal like everyone else.  She didn't want to wear glasses and be the only one.  She wants hawk eyes or eagle eyes :) I don't the conversation Daddy and the Doll had but it was a good one because ever since she wears the glasses no problem!  I even have to remind her to take them off ;)

I must say they are pretty darn cute on her and she picked them out all by herself.  
Black Nike specs



Trying glasses on at Empire Optical

Sizing the specs.  They dip them in HOT sand to bend the rims and frames that part was cool

Standing outside right before she took them off!

Please smile so I can take your picture, eyes filling with tears :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...