Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Feet. Happy Harvest.

Every spring the thought of planting overwhelms me! I LOVE new, green, bright life! I enjoy planting, watering, weeding the whole "taking care of" process. It is relaxing to me in the early morning or late afternoon to go outside and water, prune, pluck and admire blooms.

I have always wanted a garden. My father growing up had a pretty cool garden I remember the lettuce tasting like dirt but the beans were amazing! Mostly I remember his diligence with planting and how neatly the rows lined up and that you can actually put seeds in the ground, have shoots pop up and life grow out of that! AMAZING!! I would like to think that maybe I inherited a little bit of his green thumb or at least the willingness to try.

Spring is always an up in the air time for my family. Being a Coaches wife there is always the looming possibility of moving. I hesitate every year to plant in the ground. By the time I know whether we are coming or going we are well into summer and beyond seedtime and into what should be harvest. This year is the same as any other so instead of the ground I took to pots! Pots can be moved so just in case we are called away our harvest can come with us! It's what I call a win-win!

I have started small with just some herbs but Pia and I had a wonderful morning all to ourselves so we took to our pots and planted our garden now lets watch it grow!


Little bits of this little bits of that.


Hoping for success, smells and good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...