Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shoemaker With No Shoes

My Father growing up used to use the expression "shoemaker with no shoes". I always thought this was funny and never really understood until I was older what it really meant. I do a lot of sewing. It started out as a hobby then small business and friends. Since the beginning it has turned into quite a growing small business that between homeschooling, basketball, cutting hair and daily life keeps me pretty busy.

I used to have time to make my children whatever I wanted but now I find myself making everyone else things and my own sewing projects are tossed to the side and my children end up in the category of the shoemaker with no shoes. Meaning the shoemaker makes shoes for everyone else that he has none for himself. Quite funny actually.

I have decided recently to cut out some projects which means saying no to money but yes to finishing projects and wish list's of my own. A happy trade in the end. Here is a little pinafore I have had on the back burner for sometime. It turned out to be precious and I am so glad I took the time to be the shoemaker WITH shoes!

From rags to riches... how a yard of fabric turns into a dress


*sew Front and back 2 pieces*


* iron down seams*


*pinafore should begin to take shape*


*sew bunting triangles*


*pin bunting inside dress bottom sew to secure*


*finish edges and iron*



*rags to riches*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Pia-Pie

Sweet Pia-Pie

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

Our Darling Doll, Khlo

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

The BOSS, The BEAR, the BABER

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

My KNIGHT IN NIKES

and lil-ol-me...

and lil-ol-me...